Wondering what you’ll do to enjoy your stay in Jacksonville, FL? Here are some great ideas to get you started:
1. Planning to take some prenuptial photos? The Treaty Oak Park (1123 Prudential Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32207) will be the perfect spot to do it.
2. Visit the Kingsley Plantation 11676 Palmetto Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32226)
to see authentic slave houses that are made of tabby material. Houses made of oysters? Why not?
3. Get an eargasm or have a blast during the Ritz Theatre & Museum Amateur Night which will give a right to judge singers, musicians, poets and comedians.
4. Ride a kayak along the St. John’s River and enjoy a serene time while appreciating the picturesque views of the city.
5. Get a closer look at the Art Walk during the First Wednesday of every month. You’ll get free admission in the participating museums, galleries and even venture into local businesses.
6. Volunteer for the sake of the big cats at the Catty Shack Ranch (11676 Palmetto Ave, Jacksonville, FL 32226). Be best friends with lions and tigers!
7. Taste great local food at the Riverside Arts Market. You can even get one-of-a-kind souvenirs from very talented artists.
8. Visit the book paradise, Chamblin Bookmine (4551 Roosevelt Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32210) and convert into a bibliophile.
9. Zipline becomes more exciting when you have hungry alligators under your feet at the St. Augustine Alligator Farm Zoological Park (999 Anastasia Blvd, Saint Augustine, FL 32080).
10. Experience a magical moment while riding a horse on Amelia Island.
11. Go biking on the Jacksonville-Baldwin Rail-Trail (1798 Imeson Rd, Jacksonville, FL 32099). Just keep an eye out for coral snakes.
12. Express your creativity and participate in One Spark.
13. Let Fido create wonderful memories at Dogwood Park (7407 Salisbury Rd S, Jacksonville, FL 32256) and be free as a dog.
14. Show people how determined you are by finishing the Gate River Run 15k.
15. Take a trek on the Big Talbot Island (12157 Heckscher Dr, Jacksonville, FL 32226) and explore remote areas which offer stunning views.
Want more exciting things to do in Jax? Check this excellent list!